True cinnamon is different from regular cinnamon. It is usually labeled as Ceylon cinnamon. It has both flavoring and medicinal properties. Although being on the expensive side, there are several true cinnamon health benefits, which can be useful to you when consuming it. Studies have revealed that true cinnamon has a low level of coumarin, unlike regular cinnamon and therefore, does not affect one’s liver. Therefore, if you wish to use cinnamon for its health benefits, than using true cinnamon over the regular one would be beneficial.
Top 6 Health Benefits of Consuming True Cinnamon
There are various health benefits of true cinnamon:
• One of the important true cinnamon health benefits is that, it lowers the blood sugar levels in individuals who have Type Two diabetes. If you are diabetic, and on insulin then consuming true cinnamon will boost your body’s ability to respond to it effectively.
• Consuming this cinnamon reduces the chances of blood clotting. It is very powerful anti-coagulant properties.
• Just by in-taking little true cinnamon daily can help you lower the risk associated with heart problems. Apart from reducing blood sugar levels, you can minimize the levels of bad cholesterol as well.
• True cinnamon boosts your immune system and prevents you from common cold. It also helps to stop the development of bacteria and yeast problems. You can also add true cinnamon oils to food, to avoid the growth of food borne bacteria.
• You will be surprised to know that just by taking a whiff of cinnamon spice you can increase your brain activity. It has proven beneficial for achieving strong memory and attentive skills. True cinnamon also has properties that can be used to treat patients with chronic neurodegenerative problems.
• Last but not the least, true cinnamon aids in proper digestion. If you suffer from lactose intolerance, then having cinnamon can increase the body’s ability to consume dairy products.
True Cinnamon vs. Regular Cinnamon
True cinnamon health benefits can really do wonders for your body. However, you need to understand the difference between true cinnamon and the regular one. True cinnamon will usually be like a fine powder, light brown in colour and will have a sweeter smell. It will also be expensive as well, but after all health is wealth so money should be the last concern on your mind when improving your overall health with true cinnamon.